rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Well, just been to see the Vogue in North Devon and it looks like it'll be "the one" if I can get it for what I want to pay.
Absolutely everything works on it (today anyway)
Seat Heaters
Cruise
Aircon
Both fobs
Nav
All screen elements front and rear.
Original High Level audio
Can't find much wrong with it apart from the boot lid dent, Tyres aren't my faves- a bit too roady and only about 5mm tread. A small hedge scratch on one side that'll clean up easily and the lpg injectors that click like a bunch of miniature castanets! The LPG is Zavoli multipoint sequential with a 95l toroid tank in wheel well. Anyone heard of it? Any good or extremely bad?
Now it's just down to the eBog luck of the draw...

Chequebook? :) must be something that doesn't quite work, it wouldn't be a P38 otherwise...

Slightly jealous of the heated screens working. I need to fix half the lines on my rear.

No chequebook! HEVAC display's dim but all pixels work.
Lines on your rear are probably just middle age creeping up on you. You could try cocoa butter :-)

Zavoli LPG system is one of the many AEB versions out there - same as what my one runs.

The original injectors that came on mine (proper Zavoli ones) didn't click at all, but all the replacements I've used have all clicked. If you can hear it inside then if they're mounted up against the firewall, then that's probably what's causing it. Mounting them with some rubber to dampen the vibrations should cure it.

Earlier Zavoli systems are pretty basic multipoint, t he later ones have optional OBD connectivity which will let it auto trim itself when running on gas, by looking at the fuel trims. Mine doesn't have that, it just slaves off the petrol system with no adaptivity though I've seen the check box for it in the software for later models.

Mine click like castanets, but after a few minutes they go quiet, you don't notice when the bonnet is down anyway. If someone can guide me to the quiet type, I know Dave at east coast rangies just bins them, so next time I'm down there will have a chat with him, possibly get the injectors and plugs for a reasonable price

Can't hear them with the bonnet closed. Just gave me a surprise when I opened it. Thought cams, followers and rockers were all shot to bits!
Never lived with sequential before. Single point is noiseless, apart from the occasional loud bang!

As Marty says, Zavoli is AEB but the Zavoli firmware only allows for a limited number of models of injectors. Zavoli Pan or Matrix according to the info I have. My SE has a set of Matrix on it and they give a gentle rustling noise, you can hear them with the bonnet open but you need to be listening for it. Bloody expensive though so if East Coast Rangies have any, it'd definitely be worth grabbing them. Come to that, it would be worth grabbing a complete install.

No probs, I know when he stripped a system out and put on eBay, he only got 30 quid, so said he isn't bothering anymore

Orangebean wrote:

Can't hear them with the bonnet closed. Just gave me a surprise when I opened it. Thought cams, followers and rockers were all shot to bits!
Never lived with sequential before. Single point is noiseless, apart from the occasional loud bang!

If mine plays up anymore there will be a bloody great bang, just after I've lit the match

No need for a match. I've found a foolproof way to make it go bang
1.. fit single point
2.. floor it in sport down motorway on ramp
3.. jump on brakes to avoid pedestrian standing at side of on ramp
4.. floor it again
5.. BANG
:-)

Hmm, it shouldn't do that, mine doesn't. Have you got shut off on over-run set?

No- not a setting I've changed, but I think I should set it :-)
Good thing is, with that stupid K&N filter on it, the bang goes straight out of the end so no collateral damage to inlet pipe.
Made me jump almost as much as the stupid pedestrian did. Two shots of adrenaline at my age could have been fatal.
Forgot to mention, the prospective addition to the family wasn't completely faultless- back bags are new but fronts are ratty. I'll remedy that straight away if I get it.

Only damage I've seen from a good blast (caused by me not putting one of the plug leads on properly) is blowing the gauze off the MAF sensor. After not finding it in the airbox, I looked a little deeper and found it laying in the plenum between the trumpets. How the hell it got through the throttle body I have no idea.

If you set cut off on over-run to about 1/3rd of the default and 1,500rpm, that should stop it.

Shortly after I bought the car I popped the plenum off, just for fun, and found a gauze sitting in there. At the time had no idea what it was or why it should be there. Wasn't until I looked at a spare MAF that it made sense. Probably should have a look at the current MAF, 'cos it certainly had a gauze when I fitted it. If it's gone, I'll know where to find it

I wouldn't get excited about the lack of OBD connection on an LPG system. It's really there to help get a basic tune on the gas system, not to keep it constantly adjusted.

I'm doing my best not to get excited, but seem to have reverted to kid at Christmas mode with the prospect of getting a new toy. About time I grew up. I spend lots of time buying with my head for the restoration stuff, and being totally hard nosed, but now I've decided to treat myself to a new toy, I've come over all amateur car buyer again.
BTW Morat- have you checked your PMs recently?
EDIT- you have :-)

Today is D-day, I'll keep an eye out at 8.01pm for the fireworks, good luck, hope you win the bid 😁

Ta Chris
My 2 backups have both been withdrawn, the delicious red one and the County SE needing a respray, so it'll be back to hunting again if I don't.
Managed to get the MOT history, now that I have the reg number. Looks like a bit of fiddling to do from the advisories back in Jan:
NSR brake pipe slightly corroded at axle
OSR brake pipe slightly corroded at fuel tank and axle
NSF tyre close to limit (MOT was on the old wheels. Current tyres reasonable)
OSF tyre same
This ones interesting...
Brake linkage worn but not seriously weakened steering arm ball joint (3.5.1e)
What brake linkage do you have near the steering arm?! Maybe the tester just ran 2 separate items into 1 line. It has since had 2 new "track rod" ends so maybe that was it.
All 4 suspension air bags perished (rears now replaced)

Brake linkage ? hmmm, that's confusing for sure, unless he means a hose or bracket where hose connects..

Wonder if he's confusing the height corrector linkages with a brake proportioning valve linkage?