rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Wow, I've never seen one that colour. Maybe it's something that would grow on me, but don't count on it, lol
Apart from the colour looks quite clean !

I think that's been on the market for a while, there was one that colour knocking around when I bought mine, but I doubt there are two of them!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RANGE-ROVER-4-6-VOGUE-P38-AUTO-2000-X-/252631784193?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
looks what back at £2750 BIN!

I wonder where it's been for the last week or so?

It's probably just been rolled in glitter by some "classic car restorer" type ;)

We don't roll in glitter- just bullshit ;)

Came second in the auction for the 64000 mile blown head gasket Vogue, but the tophatted Vogue SE in Norfolk is back on eBog having been repaired. That's the next one in my sights...

Nearly as many miles as mine, same scabby rear arches too although mine goes into the paint shop on Monday and they'll be sorted. I thought you'd have gone and collected it? You'd have found out what you need to sort on it by the time you got home (if you got home.....).

It's earmarked for a respray in it's future. New headlining too- another one for Winter Camp perhaps?
Self collection logistics didn't really work. Has to be collected this weekend. No flights to Norwich on a Saturday. Train would have got me there late afternoon meaning a night 350 mile drive in a P38 that hasn't really driven anywhere in a couple of years.
An overnight shuttle on a series of RAC flatbeds didn't really appeal!

So that's a big congratulations then! (and peace of mind)

Congrats, a little bit of tittilation with some more walnut will have that interior looking sweet, ( steering wheel ) I've not seen that extra speaker on top of dash before ( heard of it ) shame those arches have bubbled, looks clean otherwise..

I reckon finding a piano black walnut finished steering wheel will be hard to impossible, although if I can find a "normal" walnut one I guess I can refinish it. Are the steering wheel trims actual veneers or just plastic Chris?
The extra dash speaker is a bit special and I've never seen one in the flesh either. Of course it's fed by the DSP amp, so chances are that'll go phut in the near future.
The bubbly arches will be dealt with for the respray, but I'll probably just cut back the corrosion, treat and do a spot repair until spring. Not planning on painting till then.
In the meantime I'll run it around to ascertain what state the rest of the moving parts (props/ axles etc) that haven't been replaced already are in and swap them out as needed.
I wonder how long it takes to do a complete axle swap over on one of these? I'm guessing a day per end to allow time to replace knackered brake pipes etc while axle's out of the way...

The rear doors also have a third speaker - seen a few Vogue SEs with that setup. Be interesting to hear it, before it all inevitably dies, anyway :)

I've thought about Piano black in mine - still unsure. I wonder if that is original in the car or someone has done it later.

I was wondering same thing. Guessing/ hoping that by Jan 02 which is pretty near end of production, they had lots of bits left in the parts bins so put piano black on. Either that or it's been brush painted with matt black emulsion :)

Just had the usual email from the bay of E's telling me that the item I viewed has ended and the link to the one you've bought. Having another look at it one thing I suggest you do is move the LPG filler. The ideal place is free and you can fill up from both sides.

enter image description here

Ah yes, that would be a good idea, but then I'd be left with a 'ole where the filler migrated from! Maybe before the respray.
Had some fun with M!crocat reading the build spec for this particular car. Interesting that the piano black lacquer wood comes from the parts bin with Westminster on it for instance.
Also the steering wheel is original and it didn't have wood trim, lacquered or otherwise. The DSP amp is special to these 17 speaker models (and thus even more unobtanium), the list goes on and I won't turn into an originality bore- yet!
Found some pics of a minty looking one that I can use as inspiration/ aspiration:

You could always do what was done on an old Saab I bought many years ago. That had a small filler that needed an adapter fitted in the rear bumper but the previous owner had taken it for a safety check and they had condemned the filler so put a full sized one in the rear wing. Rather than a hole, they just left the original one in place. The only person that ever noticed was a Customs man at Dover who wanted to know if it had twin tanks.

I think I'll stick to my fantasy restoration and plug and fill the old hole before the respray. It'd always bother me to have a bung to nowhere on the side, besides which, imagine the fun if the other half ever went to fill it with gas :)

This is where mine sits, yes I need an adapter when filling. I was thinking about like Richard next to the trailersocket but I want to save that space for a second (13 pin) trailersocket.

filler

A lot of continental installs hide the filler like that. Problem is that the UK rules say that you must be able to fill without using an adapter. The rules are in a code of practice so not mandatory but if your insurance company want to see a certificate then an inspector will fail it with a filler like that.