rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Fortunately its my "old" one that needs an adaptor to fill. That already has a certificate. Interesting that R.I.P. who did both the installation and issued the certificate, did so even though their installation was non-compliant.
New one doesn't need an adaptor and also has a certificate.
May be worth noting that I've had problems with that bloody adaptor not connecting properly so I can see the sense in a fixed fill point.

OB, you getting excited, your up very early !

I'm just one of nature's early risers. Got into the habit many years ago when I worked for a distribution company and haven't grown out of it!

Know the feeling, used to work 20 hr days, now with the arthritis I have no choice, 3-4 hrs a day sleep ☹️️, don't know what I'd do if I slept any longer,, you got an eta on arrival of your new baby

Sometime today is the closest I've got at the moment. Weather between your side of the country and mine is gnarly at the moment so I imagine the traffic will be a little messed up

Yeah, regulations. If it was that simple. When crossing the continent there still are different connections, in Germany, Austria, France and Italy. (a globetrotter like you must know that Richard.) When going to the snow in Austria there is a fillingstation (Bregenz) just across the German border that has multiple LPG pumps, one of them has a sign 'Dutch adapter' with a queue of Dutch waiting. So when going on a holidaytrip this is the content of my cubbybox:

enter image description here

Mine too. The rattle they make when driving stops me from dozing off.

Ferryman wrote:

Yeah, regulations. If it was that simple. When crossing the continent there still are different connections, in Germany, Austria, France and Italy. (a globetrotter like you must know that Richard.) When going to the snow in Austria there is a fillingstation (Bregenz) just across the German border that has multiple LPG pumps, one of them has a sign 'Dutch adapter' with a queue of Dutch waiting. So when going on a holidaytrip this is the content of my cubbybox:

Yup, got a fixed UK/Dutch bayonet filler and Acme screw and Italian cup adapters in the centre cubby. At least those are the 22mm threaded ones, the scary ones are the little 10mm threaded adapters. Made of brass and with the weight of the filler gun hanging on them, I've seen one snap off with the weight and spray LPG all over the forecourt.

Sigh. No new car today :(
Courier lost his back load so it's in limbo, on a trailer, locked in a warehouse- somewhere

Orangebean wrote:

Sigh. No new car today :(
Courier lost his back load so it's in limbo, on a trailer, locked in a warehouse- somewhere

Surely his backload isn't your problem??? Unless you've agreed a rate that relies on a backload.

Got it in one Shep. Considerable saving (half!) if I allowed flexibility in delivery date. Not unlimited though- just a couple of days.

That's a fine looking beast, you must be fizzing right now :)
I can't believe it wears the miles so well, that drivers seat is excellent! I'm looking forward to having a good smooch round it some time...

SIGH

All this looking at nice P38 examples, all clean and shiny, make me wish I was still at home getting the engine ready to swap over.... and then giving the rest of it a really good clean and polish...

I'm thinking of asking santa for a machine polisher for Xmas... Part of the reason I guess mine doesn't get cleaned/polished as much as it should is because it's so much surface area to do by hand that the amount of time it takes, it usually doesn't stop raining long enough for a start! Anyone have any experience with them? I've heard you can damage the paint if you press to hard with some of them... but as far as polishing the surface area of a P38 in a bit less time - thoughts?

At least I'm nearly a week into the tour tour now, so bring on January when I'm home and I can cut the cling wrap off the engine, get some more lube in there, and start the rest of the assembly to get it ready to install!

Looking forward to some more pics of the Vogue SE when she arrives...

It's not about pressing to hard, you can burn the paint if your not careful, I've got one, think I've used it twice, I'd rather do it by hand, doesn't take as long as you think, first time I did the 3 stage clean

1. Use cleaner ( after it had been washed ) buffed off
  2. Polish applied and buffed off
  3. Cover in wax and polish off
    Then I took the wheels off, cleaned the alloys front to back, blacken tyres.
    Blacked all the bumpers ect, still only took a morning, looked great for at least 5 minutes,,
    Now, I say hello to Sainsburys car wash each week, lol

From his posts so far I think that MHT may be a person of interest to ask about paint finishing as well (see #24 in https://rangerovers.pub/topic/254-hello?page=2#pid3632)
If you do ask Santa for a machine polisher, be sure to specify a Dual Action (DA) polisher, or if Santa's feeling wealthy, a Positive Drive DA.
All polishers use the build up of heat to "flatten" the finish. The skill is in knowing exactly how much heat. DA polishers are much more forgiving in that respect. Pro's use rotary polishers because they're faster and ultimately can produce a better finish than DA, but take more practice to use..
You'll see the new one at Winter Camp Marty. It needs a headlining, so I'll save that fun for then.
Actually, I say you'll see it at Camp- that is, if it's actually got to me by then.....

Martyuk wrote:

I'm thinking of asking santa for a machine polisher for Xmas... Part of the reason I guess mine doesn't get cleaned/polished as much as it should is because it's so much surface area to do by hand that the amount of time it takes, it usually doesn't stop raining long enough for a start! Anyone have any experience with them? I've heard you can damage the paint if you press to hard with some of them... but as far as polishing the surface area of a P38 in a bit less time - thoughts?

At this rate, I'll be getting a shiny white one back before OB gets his shiny black one......

Any news on when it might appear Mark?

Unfortunately not. The transporter has me over a barrel as my car is happily locked in his warehouse.

On the bright side though I do have a shiny new V5C in my name. DVLA are getting very efficient!

haha, now you can have it taxed before it leaves the trailer!

Yeah right!
I'm currently thinking I may not put it on the road until 1st Dec anyway now (assuming I have it by then). Why pay for 3 weeks tax that I haven't used?!
Too many ANPR cameras down here to even risk using it untaxed.
STOP PRESS- just had a text. Being delivered Saturday morning!!